Digital Business Analyst | Suffolk Constabulary
Full (37 Hours) – Temporary for up to 14 months (maternity cover)
Band E: £28,725 – £32,673 per annum
Closing Date: Friday 30 July 2021 at 5pm
Please quote Ref: L1930 on application form
The ICT Programme and Planning department delivers business change and technical implementation to Norfolk and Suffolk Constabularies. The team is responsible for the end to end project/programme delivery and business transformation.
Applications are invited for the above post in the Joint ICT department at OCC Wymondham or PHQ Martlesham.
The successful applicant will liaise with business and operational practitioners to design, maintain, upgrade, test and implement in-house and supplied software solutions in accordance with customer requirements, and organisational goals/objectives and strategies. Gain in-depth knowledge of various areas of the organisation to ensure solutions are fit for purpose, benefits are identified and new processes are implemented where necessary.
It is essential that applicants meet the following criteria:
- Significant, demonstrable experience in a similar role with proven stakeholder engagement and management experience
- Demonstrate an understanding of how technology solutions can enhance operational policing
- Excellent problem solving skills and the ability to translate operational and business requirements into technological solutions
- Highly effective planning, management, prioritisation and sequencing of workload with minimal supervision
- Experience of project development/delivery through analysis, development and testing
- Systems analysis capability demonstrable by experience of analysis of a particular application
- Very good communication skills both verbally and written
- Ability to travel throughout Norfolk and Suffolk as required
It is desirable that applicants meet the following criteria:
- Relevant professional computer-related qualification e.g. HNC/HND/Degree
- Experience in using a variety of development methodologies (e.g. Waterfall and Agile)
- Awareness of the National, Regional and Local landscapes within which both Constabularies operate
Role profile >> digital_business_analyst_-_april_19.pdf
Hours of work are 37 per week Monday to Friday. This post is offered on a temporary basis for up to 14 months (maternity cover).
Consideration will be given to whether the post can be delivered on either a part time or job share basis, in line with the organisational requirements of this role.
The recruitment criteria for all posts are subject to reasonable adjustment in line with the Equality Act 2010.
Applications from at-risk staff will be prioritised and receive preference in any selection process.
Anyone who wishes to be considered for appointment should submit a CV and monitoring form as they must be submitted together.
These forms as well as application guidance notes are also available on the right hand side of the page in the Downloads section.
Please return completed applications by email to [email protected].