eRates QA Engineer – AVP
eRates QA Engineer – AVP
As a Barclays QA Engineer, you will join the eRates global team. The Macro Rates business aims to be one of the leading liquidity providers in the derivatives and the Government bond markets, and to offer an integrated, sales, trading and research service to the client base. In this role, you will be managing the successful preparation and execution of multiple test scenarios throughout the end to end testing lifecycle, across both manual and automated testing.
Barclays is one of the world’s largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality and innovation behind us. We’ve helped millions of individuals and businesses thrive, creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted. An important and growing presence in the USA, we offer careers providing endless opportunity.
What will you be doing?
• Collaborating with the Product teams to define problems and solutions
• Capturing and organizing requirements into user stories (scope deliverable, traceability matrix, estimated effort) in JIRA
• Responsible for AMER QA effective testing strategies (manual & automated) and test plans
• Writing automated test cases using existing frameworks in Python & Java
• Setting up, maintaining and recommending process improvement to existing QA environments
• Opening issue/defect reports and recording problems in defect tracking software
• Adding to the automation stack and keeping the automation stack updated for future behavior changes
• Documenting flows using Visio, Confluence, and other common desktop/browser apps
What we’re looking for:
• Minimum 4 years’ experience in Java, Python
• Previous experience in diagnosing and resolving complex test environment configuration issues.
• Strong Domain skills – working experience in Fixed Income Electronic Trading
• Degree in Computer Science or Engineering (or equivalent degree)
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Experience working in an Agile team
• Experience with ECN platforms (TradeWeb, Bloomberg, Brokertec, CME, DealerWeb, iSwap)
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to understand, implement and influence concepts and solutions of components
Where will you be working?
Barclays’ U.S. headquarters is located at 745 Seventh Avenue in New York, NY. At Barclays, we offer you an engaging and challenging environment, giving you the opportunity to make the most of your unique set of skills. We also have an extensive range of learning and development initiatives designed to support you both personally and professionally.