Saint John, NB
CAA Atlantic is seeking an intermediate to senior Business Analysts to support their Information Technology team. The team is responsible for delivery of the Information Technology (IT) program including cloud operations, on-prem infrastructure operation, application/database development, integration, and maintenance.
The IT team plays a strong supporting role to current efforts to modernize the use of Data and Digital Innovation at CAA Atlantic. The objective of this requirement is to assist CAA Atlantic in our migration to a “cloud-first” strategy, where the cloud is the preferred option for delivering IT Services to CER.
Reporting to the Vice President of IT, the ideal candidate possesses a unique blend of business and technical savvy; a big-picture vision as well as the drive and attention to detail. You must enjoy spending time understanding the needs of clients and defining how our CRM and systems can support them. We expect the person who fulfills this role to be self-disciplined, highly motivated, very flexible, and willing to learn new skills as we continue to evolve our platform.
- Work closely with business leaders to capture, clarify, gather project requirements and work closely with information technology team to address recommended changes
- Be the bridge between IT and Business teams to identify, understand, and articulate proposed changes and technical impact.
- Setup standard Business requirement process based on industry best practices
- Develop and document statements of requirements for considered alternatives.
- Impact analysis across different systems, change management, business enablement.
- Identify and understand the impact of cross functional technical and feature dependencies and action accordingly to ensure consistency in requirements across streams and platform.
- Map business process changes resulting from implementation of new features and/or initiatives.
- Manage relationships with external business partners and software vendors to deliver and support solutions.
- Monitor program performance after implementation to prevent reoccurrence of issues and ensure efficient resolution.
- Develop and apply detailed business and technical knowledge to assess and advise on the feasibility and relevance of proposed options for business and technical change.
- Be technically competent with system knowledge, experience, and ability to be ‘hands-on’ when required
- Ensure clear communication and handover of requirements to IT technical teams and maintain on-going business engagement throughout delivery to ensure solution is fit for purpose.
- Perform business analyses of functional requirements to identify information, procedure, and decision flows.
- Evaluate existing procedures and methods, identify and document items such as Database content; Structure; and Application subsystems.
- Define and document interfaces of manual to automated operations within application subsystems, to external systems and between new and existing system.
- Establish acceptance test criteria with client, the composition, roles, and responsibility ad terms of reference for the project team.
- Engage product owner, project sponsor and impacted business areas and attend virtual or face-to-face (which will be determined in each Task Authorization) with stakeholders
- Serve as the subject matter expert and advocate for our core CRM product suite; ensure implementation is consistent with the clients’ needs and expectations
- Facilitate requirements workshops with the client team to define the solution.
- Drive project prioritization and detailed product definition, including business requirements, technical specifications, process flows and use cases.
- Assist the technical team throughout the development and configuration process.
- Support Quality Assurance Testing
- Collaborate and bring forward ideas and insights in team meeting
- Investigate, analyze, and recommend solutions for clients’ issues; collaborate with Implementation leadership and Technical Support staff to eliminate recurring issues
- Conduct telephone/web-based and/or face-face training sessions with new users
- 5+ years experience working in software development or integration
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, or Engineering.
- At least 2 years’ experience in a client-facing position.
- Experience successfully building, leading, and delivering SaaS products (B2B preferred)
- Experience with customer service, travel, financial services, compensation management software would be an asset.
- Experience writing detailed requirements and technical specifications
- Experience working with software development methodologies (example: Agile, Scrum, Kanban)
- Experience using project management tools. (example: Jira, MS Project, Azure Boards)
- Highly analytical mindset, with an ability to see both the big picture and the details
- Self-motivated and independent
- Excellent interpersonal and highly developed communication skills (verbal and written)
- Effective communication with internal and external stakeholders which includes respecting and valuing others, active listening and facilitating healthy relationships.
- Experience with technologies such as Azure, Visual Studio, MS SQL, and Cloud Services
- Experience with legacy custom-built software of n-tier/SOA web-applications
- Post-secondary education or relevant industry certification
- Demonstrated ability to collate and analyze data and present information in easily understandable and actionable forms.
- Excellent organizational, project management, interpersonal and teamwork skills, including managing multiple priorities.
- Customer service philosophy.
Based in Atlantic Canada, CAA Atlantic has more than doubled in size in the past 10 years and now serves more than 265,000 Members in all 4 Atlantic Provinces.
We are part of the CAA Federation and with over six million Members, CAA is one of the largest and most trusted & respected consumer-based organizations in Canada. In addition to being the preeminent Auto Club in the country, CAA is also one of Canada’s largest leisure travel agencies, is a leading provider of insurance products, and offers Members an outstanding savings and rewards program. CAA has a long history of advocacy as the voice of the traveling public.
Diversity and inclusion at CAA Atlantic
As a member-driven organization, we are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live. It is important to us that every employee has the opportunity to reach their full potential, and we recognize that diverse perspectives enhance our collective innovation, creativity and allow us to provide amazing service to our Members.
Empowered to Achieve
Working at CAA , you’ll find a lot of open doors, and an environment where people are treated as equals. We are a somewhat traditional environment that excels in open communication and strives for the family-focused environment for which Atlantic Canada prides itself. This office is not a place where you’ll find micro-managers; instead, we concentrate on having meaningful and open conversations.
We are a company that carries a central mission of being there to help people when they need it the most; making bad days good and good days better. We help bring it to life by creating an empowered and respectful work environment; a place where employees know they will be truly valued. Giving back, and striving for self-improvement are attitudes that are rewarded with the trust and space to excel in your work.
Giving Back to the Community
As a not-for-profit organization, we are engaged in giving back to meaningful causes. We contribute to the P.A.L.S (Partners Assisting Local Schools) program, which helps provide opportunities to children in Saint John schools. The IWK, Canadian Blood Services, and Janeway Children’s Hospital Foundation are also among the important organizations we strive to help.
We are a Member First organization with a deep understanding of the power in valuing human connections and contributions. That’s something we can all get behind!
- Competitive compensation package
- An exceptional benefits package
- Onsite parking
- Onsite gym
- Work will be combination of onsite, home, and virtual