Location: 1 Guildhall Square
Salary: £39,739 to £50,296
Full Time Permanent
Closing Date: Friday 17 December 2021
Interview Date: To be confirmed
This is an exciting opportunity to join a busy and dynamic team of Business Analysis professionals who have earned an excellent reputation throughout the University for their commitment to customer service, stakeholder management and innovation. The team form part of iSolutions Project Management Office (PMO) that has a crucial role in delivering successful change across the University. Due to the pandemic the team are all working remotely but the role is normally primarily based at 1 Guildhall Square, central Southampton, but will involve travel to and potentially some time co-locating with other teams to carry out BA activities on any of the University’s UK campuses in Hampshire.
What you’ll do
- Apply your business and system analysis experience and knowledge as well as your interpersonal skills to identify business needs, operational efficiencies, and future technical solutions.
- Accurately document current and potential working practices through the eliciting, analysing, validating, and mapping of systems and processes in a way that clearly identifies requirements, acceptance criteria and business benefits.
- Provide support for less experienced Business Analyst in the team through mentoring and sharing best practice.
- Collaborate with and help shape the BA practice in consultation with the BA team manager and other Senior BAs in the team as it strives for continuous improvement in its capabilities.
What you’ll bring
- The ability to lead Business Analysis engagements with Project teams and Senior stakeholders
- Extensive experience of using recognised business analysis tools and techniques.
- A willingness to review current process and practices and identify where there is the opportunity to improve them.
- A desire to understand how processes work through talking to those using them.
- The ability to work as part of a team or on your own initiative as required.
ISolutions, the University of Southampton’s IT department, is an essential enabler to deliver the University Strategy and the Business Analysis team provides a vital part of iSolutions capability. The Business analyst will provide support for initiatives across Education, Research and Professional Services portfolio, working with and supporting Stakeholders in each of these groups and other iSolutions colleagues including Project and Change Managers to carry out requirements analysis, documentation of system and operational as-is and to-be views, produce options papers and provide data for the development of evidence-based business cases.
The Senior Business analyst will also support procurements of software and services.
You will already have significant Business Analysis experience helping deliver large scale change projects.
This is a full-time role 35 hours per week, some out of hours working may be required to meet service level targets.
If this sounds like a role that you would relish, we would love to hear from you!
The University of Southampton promotes a healthy work life balance with generous holiday allowance (30+ days), defined benefit pension, flexi-time and flexible working, generous parental leave and childcare provision. For more information on our benefits, please visit our human resources pages
You should submit your completed online application form at www.jobs.soton.ac.uk. The application deadline will be midnight on the closing date stated above. If you need any assistance, please call Lizzie Cessford on +44 (0) 23 8059 2750. Please quote reference 1622021JF number on all correspondence.