++The first review of applications is to take place on January 28, 2022.++
The IT Senior Business/Application Analyst analyzes business processes, identifies technology needs, gathers business/technical requirements, and manages technical projects in order to recommend and implement IT solutions. This position will also provide primary and subject matter expertise on applications in use by assigned departments. This role will be the trusted IT partner to assigned City departments and will provide Tier 2/3 Application support to assigned departments.
This position supports the Commerce City Police Department.
The hiring range for this position is $78,027 – $105,337 annually.
The City of Commerce City has adopted a hybrid work environment that includes remote (telework) and in-person duties. The flexibility in the assigned work schedule is subject to change based on the needs of the specific department and organization.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Defines and documents Tier 1 support role and provides Tier 2/3 support and subject-matter expertise for enterprise and departmental software applications to end-users
- Provides project management for assigned technical projects and develops communications strategies for stakeholders in alignment with PMI and PMBOK methods
- Leads the development and delivery of both technical documentation and end-user training material for assigned applications
- Translates business requirements into technical processes and system solutions that are aligned with the IT department strategic plan and industry best practices
- Coordinates and leads the installation, testing, maintenance, and upgrade of software according to vendor procedures and City configurations